Penkerris is an Edwardian detached house with a lawned garden and parking just inside (B3277 road) the ancient Cornish village of St Agnes.with its three beaches and magnificent cliff walks.
- Our website www.penkerris.co.uk provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about the services we provide.
- Please telephone and speak to Dorothy Gill-Carey 01872 552262 as this is really the best way to gain information.
- You can email info at penkerris.co.uk or fax 01872 552262
- The nearest railway station is Truro 8 miles away and there are frequent buses to St Agnes from the station.
- If you are coming by car, get onto the A30 and head towards Redruth. Before you reach Redruth there is a big roundabout at Chiverton Cross and the turning to St Agnes is off this roundabout, the B3277 road.
- It is 3 miles into the village. You pass a garage on the right after 2 miles. Carry on across the little crossroads and you will come upon another garage on your left. Penkerris is just round the corner from this garage and is on the right, just inside the St Agnes village sign.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- We have a nice big car park. Please walk into the hotel and if no-one is around, ring the bell. We will then show you to your room.
- There are two steps up to the front door. All bedrooms are on the first floor (there are no ground floor bedrooms).
- It is usually possible for guests to arrive at any time, even in the morning by prior arrangement.Main Entrance, Reception
- There are steps up to the front door, the back door and from the conservatory.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- There are stairs up to the first floor but they are reasonably wide (3 feet).
- There are two more steps to reach the far bedrooms.
Public Areas – Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- There is a cosy lounge with Sky television, newspapers, books, a piano (regularly tuned) and a log fire in the winter.
- There is a downstairs WC.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
- There is an unusually decorated dining room with a collection of blue glass and copperware.
- High chairs are available on request.
- There is a clothes line outside and a drying area inside for wet clothes.
- We sell Penkerris postcards and a booklet on the scenic walks.
- We have bus timetables, tide tables, etc which can be consulted on the premises.
- We have toys for children. There are dolls, dolls prams, dolls clothes and a dolls house.
- There is a plastic railway track, a big box of bricks and various other toys for a wet day.
- There are also children’s bicycles to ride round the garden.
- We have a selection of children’s dvds and videos, e.g. Walt Disney etc.
- There are some beach huts down at Trevaunance Cove and we own one of them. Guests are welcome to use this beach hut but please ask and get the key.
- We can loan surfboards.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- The bedrooms are well explained on our website www.penkerris.co.uk.
- In particular there are three ensuite rooms containing a double bed and a single bed which are let as doubles or twins or as family rooms.
- There is one double/twin room (en suite).
- There are two standard doubles (not en-suite) which are frequently let as singles.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
- There are two nice bathrooms containing a bath, WC and wash basin.
- (The pink bathroom also has a bidet and a shower over the bath.)
There is also a large separate shower room.
Grounds and Gardens
- There is a garden of half an acre containing a large lawn.
- There is a badminton net, racquets and shuttlecocks.
- There are picnic tables, the use of a barbecue and swings for the children.
- The whole emergency lighting and fire alarm systems at Penkerris have been renewed this year, 2009. There are instructions on the back of all the bedroom doors on what to do in the event of fire.
Address: Penkerris, Penwinnick Road, St Agnes, Cornwall TR5 0PA
Telephone: 01872 552262
Fax: 01872 552262
- At the moment, we have no future plans.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01872552262 or email info at penkerris.co.uk
Created: 21 May 2009